Golden Krone Hotel review
Published & copyrighted by Vulgat
Skoobiegames.com is not an official representative or the developer of this application. Copyrighted materials belong to their respective owners
Golden Krone Hotel is a gothic horror roguelike. Fight vampires with sunlight or become a vampire yourself and sneak in the shadows.
You play as Sorina Arobase, a human general made famous for hunting vampires. You're on a mission of revenge to kill Fane, the exiled vampire prince. Armed with your sword, revolver, and spell book, you must battle hordes of blood sucking foes. But first you'll be picking one of 18 disguises that will help you on your journey.
- Turn-based combat, permadeath, and tough as nails gameplay
- Fully dynamic lighting. Use sunlight as a weapon or snuff out torches to conceal yourself
- A groundbreaking potion identification system that encourages risk taking
- Each run requires you to play as both human and vampire, each with different strengths and weaknesses. Humans are frail spellcasters. Vampires are brawlers with super human speed and strength.
- Leaderboards, shareable morgue files, and a Weekly challenge
- Original soundtrack by Christopher Loza
- 10 main floors and 18 branches
- Over 70 unique monsters
- 40 potions
- 25 spells and 11 vampire abilities
- 18 classes
- It's not easy.
- It's not an action game. While faster paced than other traditional roguelikes, it often requires patience and careful consideration.
- It's not a long game. This is a coffee-break roguelike. It's no Nethack.
- It isn't as complex or deep as other roguelikes, nor is it meant to be. There's no skills, no inventory. Magic and items are relatively simple. Instead of these common sources of complexity, Golden Krone Hotel focuses on a handful of innovative mechanics.
- Select tiles or ASCII
- 4-way or 8-way movement
- Three difficulty modes
- Go for a quick run (1-2 hours) or try to clear all optional branches, including the infinite levels of The Underworld!
- A very small number of controls, all of which are rebindable
- Completely playable with either mouse or keyboard or controller. Also playable with only the left half of a keyboard by default!
- Keypress hints on all buttons to help you learn shortcuts
- Tooltips on everything
- No inventory management!
- Items are picked up automatically and gear is auto-equipped
500 MB available space